Thursday, April 22, 2010

today is earth day

i got a really bad paper cut yesterday in figure drawing. boo. it's on my middle finger of my left hand. thank goodness we are done with clay throwing, cause i would have definitely been unable to use the wheel with a sliced open finger. i started my figure drawing final, and it is 3x4 feet and taped up on my wall in my dorm room. it's obnoxious and due on the 3rd of May, which isn't too bad.

this morning in ceramics we were pretty much finished so we watched a video on klaus nomi, a new-wave pop opera singer of the late 1970's. geez it was so bizarre, but pretty entertaining. he was a backup singer for david bowie on SNL in the 70's...i feel like not a lot of people know him today. i sure didn't know about him until today. probably because he died during his career. sad.

i'm kinda bummed that the time i am assigned to do ceramics cleanup is tuesday from 2-4. i am hoping that i will get a chance to shower before illustration at 4:30 cause there is absolutely no way i am going to ceramics/psychology afterwards covered in crap. oh well, perhaps i will tell dennis today that i may be a teeny bit late. i think i have only missed one class so i should be alright.

everything just kinda feels in a fog right now. i made a larger calendar for the next 2 1/2 weeks with all the stuff due written down. i just need to take it as it comes.

i didn't get to talk to jon all day yesterday. i'm sure he was busy too. i feel asleep around 11 i think. i was really tired. i wish he had at least texted me to tell me goodnight before he went to bed, but oh well.

ugh i am just looking up at my walls right now at my figure drawing final. this thing is gonna eat me alive. it's so large and obnoxious. super duper.

oooo the project runway finale is on tonight! i am not looking forward to all the spring fling activities, though. the dj Girl Talk is coming to our gym tomorrow night, but a lot of people are boycotting it because it's indoors and on a friday night. usually the concert is held outdoors on a Saturday, yeah, which is a lot more fun. i think i will go to Girl Talk, but Saturday is kinda boring to me. a lot of my friends are art students and they all think they're just gonna end up doing work this weekend. sigh. jon may come rescue me saturday from all the drunken madness occuring on campus. i am going to avoid eating at commons this weekend AT ALL COSTS. the lines are always ENORMOUS during spring fling, for pete's sake. it's terrible. i am going to stay in my room and eat ramen and peanut butter and banana on crackers. and avoid accidentally walking in vomit at all costs. i really do hope i get to see jon this weekend. my parents are in cape cod right now (so lucky) until friday/saturday. i would feel bad asking them to come get me. who knows, but jon is definitely coming home.


No comments:

Post a Comment