Sunday, April 4, 2010

happy easter to all

so we had easter at my house today...it is easter tradition in my family to do a sort of rotation of homes for the holidays....like one aunt will have christmas, another will have thanksgiving, and we happened to have easter this year.

i awoke at 9:30 this morning to the sound of the fire alarm going off in my room. my mom used too much olive oil on the lamb (we are greek) that she was cooking in the oven, and it made the house too smokey. i didn't mind though...the house was fairly smelly for a good amount of the day, though. i absolutely cannot STAND fire alarms. the one at school is RIGHT outside my room. i swear, if that thing goes off at 3am on a weekend again, i will have permanent heart problems. the fire alarm scares the heck out of me! i am a naturally jumpy person with fairly quick reflexes, so i can get scared pretty easily. whenever the fire alarm goes off at school, i literally jump a foot in the air. my heart starts POUNDING and i feel like im getting the worst anxiety possible. i don't calm down afterwards for a good ten minutes. ugh. i hope there aren't anymore fire alarms this semester, but that's wishful thinking.

i am missing my history exam tomorrow, because the Vietnam War is absurdly confusing..plus i missed two classes full of vital information, so cramming all the studying into tonight is a little much...plus i have a psych exam tuesday night i would rather focus on studying for.

i realized how long my last post was...eek! i should write a book.

my sister and i arranged an easter egg hunt for all the cousins. inside the eggs were questions to ask the rest of the family. it was quite enjoyable. it was funny to see the cousins so competitive. what a beautiful easter it was, though! it was a good 75 degrees out today. i got to wear my new outfit, too...it got lots of compliments!

my sister and i made chocolate strawberries last night to today...mmm.

jon stopped by today on his way back to school. we went for a little walk down the street and got to talk about our days. it's so wonderful to feel like we are getting so much closer with each little time we spend together, even if it's only for a little while. ahh i can't put it into words. just wonderful. speaking of, i haven't felt this good in a long time. not just because of my boyfriend, but because life is just going pretty smoothly in general. i rarely worry as much as i used to and can look forward to the days going by that lead up to getting out of school in about 5 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment