Friday, April 9, 2010

bland weather makes everyone go "ick"

it was super cold today...well, colder than yesterday...flip flops were a big no-no...i was freezing!

i w
ent to bed relatively early last night...i think around 11pm maybe? i had set my alarm to 10:15 but woke up around 8:30 feeling totally refreshed this morning. i worked on my illustration today, which is a peacock native american-type woman....she's beautiful. i had casey, jacqueline, and marissa model for me last night for reference. thank goodness, cause my proportions in my concept sketch were way off.

i worked on that, ate some flipz (chocolate covered pretzels) and peanut butter, saltines, and banana as well for breakfast. then i met my teacher in the art school lot to go to the field trip. good thing she talked my ear off in the car haha, but still a little awkward. it's me.

we got to the wadsworth and more than ten kids from our class showed up. i took a lot of pictures of the american art that intrigued me the most....our final assignment is to write a 6-7 page paper on an american artist's piece from a museum between 1900-1945. i have a lot to choose from.

after coming back from the wadsworth, i proceeded to the ceramics studio and threw another stubby little dr. seuss pitcher. i swear, i will never take another ceramics class again. i forgot how nice it is to feel CLEAN after doing artwork. haha nooo, i love most kinds of art. it's just that ceramics is not my weapon of choice. i am focusing on just getting my pitchers and vases done, the heck with making more bowls and mugs. i made one really good mug...eh, maybe i will make a few more mugs. we shall see. my ceramics locker is the biggest pain in the butt ever. the key ALWAYS got stuck and today it decided to break inside the keyhole. oh great. i had to have allen from the front desk get some pliers and pull it out...thank goodness some of it was sticking out so he could do so, otherwise we would have been toast. i decided to just clean out the darn thing today and get back my $20 deposit for using it. today was just a "bad clay day."

after getting severely frustrated with ceramics, i decided to go to the mall because i have a $25 certificate to spend at forever 21, plus i wanted to get my mind off how annoying art was today. i ate a quick dinner and headed on the shuttle myself to westfarms mall. of COURSE, i didn't buy anything. there were some cool sandals i saw at H&M at home and really hoped westfarms had them, but sadly they did not. shopping and i are not the best of friends lately. i feel like my tastes are really changing and i can't control it. i don't really feel the urge to dress "flashy" anymore, but to dress more sophisticated and clean-cut instead. almost none of the jewelry in forever 21 appeals to me anymore. shopping is just so hard because i don't need much...the things i really need are bigger investments, like a nice sturdy pair of flare jeans from american eagle or gap. gap jeans are the best...they last forever, but are wicked expensive. i would prefer a nice pair of levi's, actually...

after the mall i came back, still a little frsutrated, but decided to work on my illustration. i just finished most of the face...it's coming out just like i want it so far. the shadows on my reference are helping tremendously.

now i am about to take a shower and relax for the rest of the night, and maybe head to konover for a snack? who knows...

room selection tomorrow ahhh i hope it isn't stressful...i met with my future suitemates last night and we get along SO well...i can't wait for all the times we will have next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment