Thursday, April 8, 2010

i love to hear the robins singing in the trees

trying to sleep last night was the most uncomfortable thing ever. it was SO hot. i recall waking up at 1:30 in the morning to put my tower fan back on. the overnight LOW was 56 degrees. holy moley. to make me even more uncomfortable, my allergies were bugging me a little bit. i went to bed really early cause my eyes were itchy and felt heavy. i don't know if having my window open was such a great idea? but i did sleep pretty well....i woke up a lot though.

this morning i mixed some black glaze for my strawberry mugs i made (more like teacups because they are fairly small). i will include some pictures once they are fired! our teacher mixed up a batch of "vegas red" glaze...a very fitting color for my strawberry mugs! our current project is vases and pitcher....thank goodness we only have to make eight. ahh it's really hard. i call all my lop-sided pieces "dr. seuss mugs/vases/pitchers." i made only one dr. seuss pitcher today.

tomorrow i have to go on a field trip to the wadsworth in hartford (it's an art museum). since i do not have a car on campus, my teacher offered a ride to people like me. i'm pretty sure i'll be the only one riding with my teacher ahaha oh boyyyy. she is a very nice lady, but i always feel a little uncomfortable driving with people i don't know very well. not because of the fact that i could get into an accident (my teacher is a lot older, she is a good driver i am sure), but because i feel really awkward when i do not know what to say. who knows, sometimes people surprise you and talk your ear off.

my friend jaimie told me she wants to photograph me tomorrow for her photo class. yay i love to model for my friends...my friend sarah took distorted photos of my face and they came out really creepy..i brought them home, though. i think it would be funny to post them here hahahah

well i am about to head out and talk to my future suitemates about our plans for housing next year. room selection is on saturday woooo. i am keeping my fingers crossed that i will be able to get a single again...but park river is a really difficult dorm to get into i have heard (well, to get all singles at least). but all four of us are juniors and are going into room selection about three hours into it. so we shall seeeeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment