Wednesday, August 3, 2011

the good of it all

this is an entry from the website "LettersIllNeverSend.com."
it speaks to me and my past relationship to say the least. it really helped me get over it once and for all.

"I hate you. I hate you for doing what you did to me. I hate you for stringing me along. I hate you for being able to carry on with your life. I hate you for hurting me.

I hate myself for ever caring about you. I hate myself for not learning my lesson the first time. I hate myself for believing you. I hate myself for not listening to my gut. I hate myself for being your fool.

Even though I hate you, I love you for showing me true happiness in my life without you in it. I love you for leaving my life so that good things could happen. And I love you for losing me so that someone better can one day take your place.

I love myself for letting you go and finally being able to be happy without you, or anyone. I love myself for having the strength to be alone. I love myself; I have never loved myself before because I always depended on someone else to do it for me. Thank you for showing me how."

No comments:

Post a Comment