Monday, March 29, 2010

new things i have done in 2010

so this was a facebook note, but i thought it would be fun to repost it here. i love how a blog can help me just get my ideas out of my head and onto something i can look back at.
well, here is a collective list of the things i have accomplished in 2010, hopefully so i can look back on them and reflect....good or bad. i will keep adding, and i want to have tried at least 100 new things this year:

JANUARY
1. helped jon build and custom paint a guitar
2. learned how to snowboard at stratton, vt
3. cooked an entire meal with jon
4. started up my art site
5. got into my first car accident
6. tri
ed lobster for the first time

FEBRUARY
7. made 5 ceramic bowls in one 2 1/2 hour sitting on the wheel
8. threw a bowl on the wheel completely blindfolded, and surprisingly it came out fairly good
9. applied to interships at American Greetings, Time Warner, Mattel, and Hallmark(did not make)...and a bunch more
10. made mugs for the first time in ceramics...it's a lot more complicated than bowls!
11. played the first complete game of monopoly in my LIFE. it was spongebob monopoly, which made me wanna play it more than regular monopoly. jon beat me though, but it's ok.

MARCH
12. saw MUSE live in concert in boston (amazing)
13. won a $500 scholarship for my illustration portfolio at CADC's Student Conference (March 27th)
14. had hibachi for the first time at sake in wethersfield, ct, with my mom, sister, and her boyfriend
15. held a cairn terrier puppy for the first time

APRIL
16. felt a pregnant woman's baby kick for the first time (my cousin's stacey)

MAY
17. tried apple tea and it wasn't that bad...i still prefer it to be iced
18. watched my first episode of GLEE!
19. went to my first major league sporting event: the U.S. men's soccer team vs. the Czech Republic at Rentschler Field in CT....so awesome!
20. played "I Will Follow You Into The Dark" all the way through (almost) for Jon...finally picking up strumming on my ukelele
21. went to diva's nightclub in Noho for the first time....super fun
22. climbed Monument Mountain with me dad near Stockbridge.

JUNE
23. went on vacation for a weekend with all my friends to Jon's Cape house
24. won a $500 scholarship from the CADC for my illustration portfolio!
25. had my car break down in Hartford RIGHT after an interview
26. went on a cruise to Bermuda from NYC
27. rode a Segway in Bermuda
28. saw a COMPLETE rainbow in Bermuda

JULY
29. joined the Wilbraham Art League and participated in their Summer Art Series at Fountain Park
30. restrung my ukulele myself for the first time
31. went to FENWAY PARK for the first time to see sporting portugal vs. celtic soccer game
32. saw Blue Man Group in Boston
33. Ate at Dick's Last Resort in Boston

AUGUST
34. went to see a taping of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? in NYC
35. met Meredith Vieria!
36. did a commissioned painting for a baby shower gift
37.got my wisdom teeth out

SEPTEMBER
38. got a henna tattoo
39. tried a frappucino
40. LEARNING PHOTOSHOP (this one is HUGE)
41. tried fried pickles at the Big E...they were delicious

No comments:

Post a Comment